Shimano Tranx 200 Baitcasting Reels
- The Shimano Tranx 200 Baitcasting Reel is a new downsized freshwater-oriented offering of the respected Tranx series of inshore and saltwater casting reels.
- Great choice for freshwater anglers who target pike, muskie, striper, and trophy largemouth bass, works well for light inshore too.
- 4-bearing drag system (3BB + 1RB) with a maximum of 13 lbs of drag.
- Hagane Body for a strong, lightweight frame that will not warp.
- Cross carbon drag, S3D, and X-Ship technology.
A true powerhouse-of-a-reel, the Shimano Tranx 200 Baitcasting Reels are a new downsized freshwater-oriented offering of the respected Tranx series of inshore and saltwater low-profile casting reels. While these reels exhibit excellent corrosion resistance thanks to Shimano's CoreProtect technology, and therefore excel at inshore applications, these new 200 size models were designed with pike, muskie, striper, and trophy largemouth anglers in mind as well.
Each Tranx has a 4-bearing system with one reverse bearing, and can produce a 13 lbs of drag. For strong performance without tilting or warping despite a lightweight body, it is fortified with Shimano's Hagane body design. It's also got Shimano's newest set of reel technologies: X-Ship technology for more smoothness and durability, and S3D for consistent spool control and brake force, and a Cross carbon drag. Be it freshwater or saltwater, the Tranx 200 packs great wonders and strength within its compact profile.
Available in a 7.2:1 gear ratio in both Left and Right Hand retrieve models and 6.2:1 and 8.5:1 gear ratios in Right Hand retrieve only.
Models and Specifications
|Model||Retrieve||Gear Ratio||Weight (ounces)||Bearings||Line Cap. (Test/Yd.)|
|TRX200AHG||Right||7.2:1||8.3||3BB + 1RB||14/110|
|TRX200AXG||Right||8.5:1||8.3||3BB + 1RB||14/110|
|TRX201AHG||Left||7.2:1||8.3||3BB + 1RB||14/110|
CA Proposition 65 WARNING