"STELLA!!!! STELLA!!! HEY STELLA!!!"
Ol' Stanely Kowalski won't be the only one crying out that line after you try the new 2018 Shimano Stella FJ Spinning Reel - a reel so smooth you'll be thrown into a poker-game-ending rage when you realize you should have been fishing with one sooner.
The newest iteration in the legendary line of Stella Spinning Reels, the Shimano Stella FJ Spinning Reels are jam-packed with a stacked lineup of cutting-edge Shimano technologies. The MicroModule II Gearing is an updated version of the already seamless gear tooth design that ensures frictionless gyration and double the strength of previous models, with the 4000 size model offering up to 24 pounds of maximum drag.
For ultimate silence, Silent Drive enhances tolerance, alleviating wobble and play at a micron level. The all-new X-Protect also exhibits top-level water resistance with water-repellent finish and a water-diverting labyrinth structure. The Shimano Stella FJ Spinning Reels also feature: Hagane Gear and Body for superb rigidity against aggressive fish without compromising its lightweight properties; X-Ship Technology for more durability and improved performance; G-Free Body to re-orient center of gravity to enhance comfort; Propulsion Line Management System to reduce backlashes and formation of wind knots during casting; Rigid Support and Cross Carbon Drag; S A-RB; and EI.
The smaller 1000 and 2500 size models excel at light freshwater applications such as bass, trout, and panfish, while the C3000 and 4000 sizes are great for light to moderate inshore action.
The Shimano Stella FJ Spinning Reel is available in size/gear ratio combinations ranging from 1000 size 5.1:1 gear ratio reel up to a 4000 size 6.2:1 gear ratio.
- The Shimano Stella FJ Spinning Reel is an ultra-smooth, high-performance spinning reel.
- MicroModule II Gearing to ensure unbelievably smooth performance.
- Silent Drive enhances tolerance to further alleviate wobble and play at a micron level for ultimate silent performance.
- X-Protect for top-level water and corrosion resistance with the water-repellent finish and water-diverting labyrinth structure.
- Hagane Gear and Body, X-Ship Technology, G-Free Body, Propulsion Line Management System, Rigid Support and Cross Carbon Drag, S A-RB, and EI.
Models and Specifications
|Model||Retrieve||Gear Ratio||Weight (ounces)||Bearings||Line Cap. (Test/Yd.)|
|STL1000FJ||Right/Left||5.1:1||6||12 SA-RB + 1 SA-RB||4/140 or 6/110|
|STL2500HGFJ||Right/Left||6.0:1||7.2||12 SA-RB + 1 SA-RB||8/140 or 10/120|
|STLC3000XGFJ||Right/Left||6.4:1||7.4||12 SA-RB + 1 SA-RB||8/170 or 10/140|
|STL4000XGFJ||Right/Left||6.2:1||9||12 SA-RB + 1 SA-RB||10/200 or 12/160|
CA Proposition 65 WARNING